Bought this camera on 30 Oct 2009, for a video-camera(720p), and an ultra-compact-camera to carry everytime ready for snapshot.
Pictures taken in 10MP resolution are too soft, even for lowest ISO-125. 3:2 format, with 8,5 MP produces the similar softness, so a post-processing with unsharp-mask in photo-editor is recommended.
Pictures taken in 5MP (unfortunately only with 4:3 ration) are very-very sharp. I think this is the optimal resolution of the combination of the tiny lens and tiny sensor in this camera.
Color production is vivid and correct, ISO-3200 (in 5 MP) pictures are nice without chromatic distortion, and not so grainy.
Really good low-light photos as promoted.
User manual (downloaded) from Sony support, is 150 pages thick! This fancy camera is filled with sooo many technical tools/application so you feel like you bring an assistent and photo editor with you.
- Macro photos
- Detail and color reproduction in 5MP
- Video in 720p is clear and sharp (but in mono)
- Nice, easy and really fast (incl 10 pics burst in 10fps)
- Low-light, night shot, anti-motion blur work great.
- Price drops from 379 into 279 within 2 months.
- really useful sweep-panorama function, feels like we have an ultra-wide-angle lens with less barrel distortion
- No manual setting, or Apperture-priority, tend to go to High-ISO and High-speed shutter to reduce movement blurry.
- Dissapointed photo quality in highest resolution (10MP), and no 3:2 resolution for 5MP
- Lens position in a corner of camera body where our finger usually there. It "bites" me very often.
- Zoom-joystick (or button) is not as smooth as expected